I have a easy set pool. I used sand to level the ground. That didn't work. The pool rolled over the edge of the sand. It was so oval shaped it had to come down.
Does anyone know if tilling up the sand with the grass and dirt will cause a problem? I want to start over fresh with the ground. The loose dirt should be easier to work with than th hard ground.
I had an easy set pool, and I used sand also. The instructions said "no sand", and I guess they were right. I worked alot on bringin9g the sand into my back yard, (3 tons), and used a 16 ft. 2X4 to level it. I have seen the level ground issue around town be a problem, as these things seem to roll, like you said, if not level. I lost mine on about the 5th day, as it dumped about what I estimated to be about 2000 gallons of water into the neighbors yard (which is lower than mine). I never coulkd get it more than about 2/3rds capacity, and I think it is an inherent problem with tis type of pool, even on concrete. However, I think the sand contributed to the problem by shifting or "vacating" from under the edges of the pool, making that oval shape, and dumping out like a teapot. I think I would have been better off to build a low deck and set it on it.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love