I have a easy set pool. I used sand to level the ground. That didn't work. The pool rolled over the edge of the sand. It was so oval shaped it had to come down.
Does anyone know if tilling up the sand with the grass and dirt will cause a problem? I want to start over fresh with the ground. The loose dirt should be easier to work with than th hard ground.
I had an easy set pool, and I used sand also. The instructions said "no sand", and I guess they were right. I worked alot on bringin9g the sand into my back yard, (3 tons), and used a 16 ft. 2X4 to level it. I have seen the level ground issue around town be a problem, as these things seem to roll, like you said, if not level. I lost mine on about the 5th day, as it dumped about what I estimated to be about 2000 gallons of water into the neighbors yard (which is lower than mine). I never coulkd get it more than about 2/3rds capacity, and I think it is an inherent problem with tis type of pool, even on concrete. However, I think the sand contributed to the problem by shifting or "vacating" from under the edges of the pool, making that oval shape, and dumping out like a teapot. I think I would have been better off to build a low deck and set it on it.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes