Dishwasher water Temp.
Thank you for your time,
It shouldn't hurt the dishwasher at all but you will likely experience poor washability.
** The manual for (GE)Dishwasher specifies water temp. to be 120 'F. **
Most dishwasher and detergent manufacturers recommend the water temperature in a dishwasher be at least 120°F - 140°F for the detergent to dissolve properly. Many current models also heat the water slightly if it is too cold. Doing so with starting water temperature if only 110°F (if that, see below), may cause very long delays in the wash cycle as the dishwasher tries to raise the water's temperature.
You also have to keep in mind that initially the water temperature is rarely as hot as the water heater is set too. Unless you let a nearby tap run until the hot water has actually made its way all the way to the dishwasher's plumbing, the dishwasher will be partially filling with even colder water resulting in making the overall dishwasher water temperature cooler than even the 110° that the water heater is set to.
The Appliance Information Site
Whirlpool dishwasher water not heating
(long? post); New dishwasher, questioning external w...
How can I fix my washer>Kenmore Elite 110.22056100?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!