Dishwasher water Temp.
Thank you for your time,
It shouldn't hurt the dishwasher at all but you will likely experience poor washability.
** The manual for (GE)Dishwasher specifies water temp. to be 120 'F. **
Most dishwasher and detergent manufacturers recommend the water temperature in a dishwasher be at least 120°F - 140°F for the detergent to dissolve properly. Many current models also heat the water slightly if it is too cold. Doing so with starting water temperature if only 110°F (if that, see below), may cause very long delays in the wash cycle as the dishwasher tries to raise the water's temperature.
You also have to keep in mind that initially the water temperature is rarely as hot as the water heater is set too. Unless you let a nearby tap run until the hot water has actually made its way all the way to the dishwasher's plumbing, the dishwasher will be partially filling with even colder water resulting in making the overall dishwasher water temperature cooler than even the 110° that the water heater is set to.
The Appliance Information Site
Whirlpool dishwasher water not heating
(long? post); New dishwasher, questioning external w...
How can I fix my washer>Kenmore Elite 110.22056100?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- DIY Plumbing Pipe Vase
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps