Dishwasher water Temp.
Thank you for your time,
It shouldn't hurt the dishwasher at all but you will likely experience poor washability.
** The manual for (GE)Dishwasher specifies water temp. to be 120 'F. **
Most dishwasher and detergent manufacturers recommend the water temperature in a dishwasher be at least 120°F - 140°F for the detergent to dissolve properly. Many current models also heat the water slightly if it is too cold. Doing so with starting water temperature if only 110°F (if that, see below), may cause very long delays in the wash cycle as the dishwasher tries to raise the water's temperature.
You also have to keep in mind that initially the water temperature is rarely as hot as the water heater is set too. Unless you let a nearby tap run until the hot water has actually made its way all the way to the dishwasher's plumbing, the dishwasher will be partially filling with even colder water resulting in making the overall dishwasher water temperature cooler than even the 110° that the water heater is set to.
The Appliance Information Site
Whirlpool dishwasher water not heating
(long? post); New dishwasher, questioning external w...
How can I fix my washer>Kenmore Elite 110.22056100?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees