Go to EFMax, Co, then use your Browser's FIND/SEARCH feature (in the Tool Bar), and search for the word: drill Then, scroll up a few lines, and start reading. It will tell you how to drill Pilot Holes for MDF board.
Don't forget to go at least 1mm DEEPER/LONGER than the length of the screw. Otherwise, you may split what's underneath.
At worst, maybe your screws are too long? I haven't any idea what you're building.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING