Hello, I just built a planter box. I used pressure treated wood. My question is: Do I have painting options with pressure treated wood? We would like to paint it white. Is this possible? What is the prep work involved? Thank you for your time. -Steve
You can get solid color stains in a number of flat colors. Wait until the wood is definitely dry. Wash with deck cleaner/brightener for good adhesion. Apply stain. Cleaner & stain generally available anywhere selling paint.
There are coatings made for use on CCA (chromated copper arsenate)lumber right away, but if you want to use regular paint you have to allow time for the solvents in the treatment to evaporate, or they will come through the paint and degrade it. Be careful around this lumber, the chemicals are meant as poisons for various microbes and insects etc.
Staining pressure treated wood
How do I Flash over the New Type Pressure Treated Wood?
pressure treated or regular wood beams?
installing wood subfloor over conc. slab
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes