Recently we have been having issues with our maytag washer.
We have been having some stinky laundry coming out of the machine recently.
I found some build up in the shaft below the softener cup. I assume this is old softener and not lubricant for the agitator. The Build up did not stink.
I have removed some of the build up and ran a few loads of ammonia. Is there anything else I should check in a 4 year old Maytag washer? Thanks.
My wife seems to believe that when we use hot water, the softener doesn't come out until the final spin. This may be true, due to the buildup.
I am at work and do not have a model number.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING