We are new to the homebuilding scene! We have found a floor plan online that we like, however it needs some work. I would rather get someone locally to look at it than to pay for modifications online. We have too many small changes to make! The floor plan doesn't need major changes, mostly it's reducing the size of some rooms and changing the design of one bath.
We met with a designer last week, but he's not the one for us! Are we on the right path? Do we need an architect since we already have the floor plan and the room sizes that we want? We basically want someone to say, "yes, you can have those room sizes and let me draw that up for you!" Would a building designer or draftsman be able to do that as well?
What do you think an average charge would be for such a service? The one guy we talked to was going to charge around $3,000 which we felt was okay. Would that be the ballpark figure to expect for such service?
Thanks for any help!
$3000 sounds like a bargain. I just went through this w/ a home designer (in person)and he charged $2.00 sq.ft heated. One bit of advice before the plans are finalized take them to a local builder and get a rough estimate. I had to make some major changes from my original plans to cut costs to get back in my budget. Remember it's what you need not always what you want.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!