We are new to the homebuilding scene! We have found a floor plan online that we like, however it needs some work. I would rather get someone locally to look at it than to pay for modifications online. We have too many small changes to make! The floor plan doesn't need major changes, mostly it's reducing the size of some rooms and changing the design of one bath.
We met with a designer last week, but he's not the one for us! Are we on the right path? Do we need an architect since we already have the floor plan and the room sizes that we want? We basically want someone to say, "yes, you can have those room sizes and let me draw that up for you!" Would a building designer or draftsman be able to do that as well?
What do you think an average charge would be for such a service? The one guy we talked to was going to charge around $3,000 which we felt was okay. Would that be the ballpark figure to expect for such service?
Thanks for any help!
$3000 sounds like a bargain. I just went through this w/ a home designer (in person)and he charged $2.00 sq.ft heated. One bit of advice before the plans are finalized take them to a local builder and get a rough estimate. I had to make some major changes from my original plans to cut costs to get back in my budget. Remember it's what you need not always what you want.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!