We are new to the homebuilding scene! We have found a floor plan online that we like, however it needs some work. I would rather get someone locally to look at it than to pay for modifications online. We have too many small changes to make! The floor plan doesn't need major changes, mostly it's reducing the size of some rooms and changing the design of one bath.
We met with a designer last week, but he's not the one for us! Are we on the right path? Do we need an architect since we already have the floor plan and the room sizes that we want? We basically want someone to say, "yes, you can have those room sizes and let me draw that up for you!" Would a building designer or draftsman be able to do that as well?
What do you think an average charge would be for such a service? The one guy we talked to was going to charge around $3,000 which we felt was okay. Would that be the ballpark figure to expect for such service?
Thanks for any help!
$3000 sounds like a bargain. I just went through this w/ a home designer (in person)and he charged $2.00 sq.ft heated. One bit of advice before the plans are finalized take them to a local builder and get a rough estimate. I had to make some major changes from my original plans to cut costs to get back in my budget. Remember it's what you need not always what you want.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING