We are new to the homebuilding scene! We have found a floor plan online that we like, however it needs some work. I would rather get someone locally to look at it than to pay for modifications online. We have too many small changes to make! The floor plan doesn't need major changes, mostly it's reducing the size of some rooms and changing the design of one bath.
We met with a designer last week, but he's not the one for us! Are we on the right path? Do we need an architect since we already have the floor plan and the room sizes that we want? We basically want someone to say, "yes, you can have those room sizes and let me draw that up for you!" Would a building designer or draftsman be able to do that as well?
What do you think an average charge would be for such a service? The one guy we talked to was going to charge around $3,000 which we felt was okay. Would that be the ballpark figure to expect for such service?
Thanks for any help!
$3000 sounds like a bargain. I just went through this w/ a home designer (in person)and he charged $2.00 sq.ft heated. One bit of advice before the plans are finalized take them to a local builder and get a rough estimate. I had to make some major changes from my original plans to cut costs to get back in my budget. Remember it's what you need not always what you want.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 9 Ways to Extend Patio Season into Fall
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs