We are new to the homebuilding scene! We have found a floor plan online that we like, however it needs some work. I would rather get someone locally to look at it than to pay for modifications online. We have too many small changes to make! The floor plan doesn't need major changes, mostly it's reducing the size of some rooms and changing the design of one bath.
We met with a designer last week, but he's not the one for us! Are we on the right path? Do we need an architect since we already have the floor plan and the room sizes that we want? We basically want someone to say, "yes, you can have those room sizes and let me draw that up for you!" Would a building designer or draftsman be able to do that as well?
What do you think an average charge would be for such a service? The one guy we talked to was going to charge around $3,000 which we felt was okay. Would that be the ballpark figure to expect for such service?
Thanks for any help!
$3000 sounds like a bargain. I just went through this w/ a home designer (in person)and he charged $2.00 sq.ft heated. One bit of advice before the plans are finalized take them to a local builder and get a rough estimate. I had to make some major changes from my original plans to cut costs to get back in my budget. Remember it's what you need not always what you want.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees