When compounding inside corners, you do 1 inside-side at a time. After 1 inside-side dries, you do the other one. And you feather and repeat the process until you're satisfied with the finished results. Of course, sand between coatings as you need.
There is an inside spackling knife you can buy but I've never used one. It may be worth a try.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
Get the inside corner spackling knife. Before you mud the joint, use a painters caulk with a caulking gun. This is a little trick I learned from a 70 year old fellow. Run the caulk the whole length of the seam and wet a rag to wipe it flush. After it dries, use paper tape, not the sticky stuff .
Run a light coat of joint compound down the seam and place your tape on the seam. Flatten the tape down and add another layer of joint compound. Use the inside corner tape knife,( press hard) to finish the joint. After that dries, sand lightly and add a second coat. Sand again with 100 grit paper and paint.
Good Luck and Happy New Year,
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Stay Bite-Free with 8 High-Tech Bug Zappers
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Perk Up Your Garden with 10 New Perennials
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- Why You Should Reconsider Aboveground Pools