When compounding inside corners, you do 1 inside-side at a time. After 1 inside-side dries, you do the other one. And you feather and repeat the process until you're satisfied with the finished results. Of course, sand between coatings as you need.
There is an inside spackling knife you can buy but I've never used one. It may be worth a try.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
Get the inside corner spackling knife. Before you mud the joint, use a painters caulk with a caulking gun. This is a little trick I learned from a 70 year old fellow. Run the caulk the whole length of the seam and wet a rag to wipe it flush. After it dries, use paper tape, not the sticky stuff .
Run a light coat of joint compound down the seam and place your tape on the seam. Flatten the tape down and add another layer of joint compound. Use the inside corner tape knife,( press hard) to finish the joint. After that dries, sand lightly and add a second coat. Sand again with 100 grit paper and paint.
Good Luck and Happy New Year,
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!