When compounding inside corners, you do 1 inside-side at a time. After 1 inside-side dries, you do the other one. And you feather and repeat the process until you're satisfied with the finished results. Of course, sand between coatings as you need.
There is an inside spackling knife you can buy but I've never used one. It may be worth a try.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
Get the inside corner spackling knife. Before you mud the joint, use a painters caulk with a caulking gun. This is a little trick I learned from a 70 year old fellow. Run the caulk the whole length of the seam and wet a rag to wipe it flush. After it dries, use paper tape, not the sticky stuff .
Run a light coat of joint compound down the seam and place your tape on the seam. Flatten the tape down and add another layer of joint compound. Use the inside corner tape knife,( press hard) to finish the joint. After that dries, sand lightly and add a second coat. Sand again with 100 grit paper and paint.
Good Luck and Happy New Year,
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Junk Mail
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps