When compounding inside corners, you do 1 inside-side at a time. After 1 inside-side dries, you do the other one. And you feather and repeat the process until you're satisfied with the finished results. Of course, sand between coatings as you need.
There is an inside spackling knife you can buy but I've never used one. It may be worth a try.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
Get the inside corner spackling knife. Before you mud the joint, use a painters caulk with a caulking gun. This is a little trick I learned from a 70 year old fellow. Run the caulk the whole length of the seam and wet a rag to wipe it flush. After it dries, use paper tape, not the sticky stuff .
Run a light coat of joint compound down the seam and place your tape on the seam. Flatten the tape down and add another layer of joint compound. Use the inside corner tape knife,( press hard) to finish the joint. After that dries, sand lightly and add a second coat. Sand again with 100 grit paper and paint.
Good Luck and Happy New Year,
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Ways to Use Leather in Your Next Project
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 9 Ways to Get on Board with Pegboard
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 8 New Ways to Use Old Wooden Crates