metal vs. wood
considering using metal frameing. I have a question or 2. Is the price comparable? will it boost resale? Does it take longer to build with metal studs? We live in Tenn. (no threat of hurricane)will it benefit us in this climate? I need an opinion from somebody besides the salesrep! Thanks!
Metal must be kept dry or it can start to rust. Spraying the end cuts with a high zinc content primer will help solve this draw back. (Wood will rot if it gets wet for long periods as well.)
Metal is staight, wood is not.
Wood will shrink and warp as it dries out. Metal does not have any moisture content.
Metal expands and contracts with temperature change much more than wood.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects