metal vs. wood
considering using metal frameing. I have a question or 2. Is the price comparable? will it boost resale? Does it take longer to build with metal studs? We live in Tenn. (no threat of hurricane)will it benefit us in this climate? I need an opinion from somebody besides the salesrep! Thanks!
Metal must be kept dry or it can start to rust. Spraying the end cuts with a high zinc content primer will help solve this draw back. (Wood will rot if it gets wet for long periods as well.)
Metal is staight, wood is not.
Wood will shrink and warp as it dries out. Metal does not have any moisture content.
Metal expands and contracts with temperature change much more than wood.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!