metal vs. wood
considering using metal frameing. I have a question or 2. Is the price comparable? will it boost resale? Does it take longer to build with metal studs? We live in Tenn. (no threat of hurricane)will it benefit us in this climate? I need an opinion from somebody besides the salesrep! Thanks!
Metal must be kept dry or it can start to rust. Spraying the end cuts with a high zinc content primer will help solve this draw back. (Wood will rot if it gets wet for long periods as well.)
Metal is staight, wood is not.
Wood will shrink and warp as it dries out. Metal does not have any moisture content.
Metal expands and contracts with temperature change much more than wood.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 11 Signs of an Unhappy Houseplant
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 IKEA Favorites, DIY Style
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips