I just bought a house that has been vacant for 2 years or more. I have not seen any small cockroaches but there are redish brown roaches that are anywhere from an inch long to 1 1/2 in. long. What are they and how do I kill them? I have never had roaches before.
Most probably they are cockroaches too cause as you said the house was been abandoned for years. Try to have over all cleaning and making sure all those are killed an gone. Try to use insect/bugs repellant solutions to eliminate them.
sound's like you're probably going to having to bomb the house of roaches. any home improvement store will have it. but as far as killing one of those suckers on spot, i use "raid" it works great. spray it right on the bug.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING