I purchased a house 3 weeks ago and noticed after closing that there was a soft spot in my siding. I called the inspector back out and he was able to pull a 10'x3" hole out of my exterior wall where the deck was attached to the foundation. whoever put the deck on didn't use treated wood or flashing to protect the foundation and wall. There had been years of water and bug damage done. It will have to be replaced, but who should pay for it? I've only been in there 3 weeks and this was not my doing. Any suggestions would be grateful!
Check the disclosure laws in your state, contact your real estate agent. The Home Inspector missed this?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!