I honestly think I have a question for every category in here, since I bought my new home three years ago!
My problem is we a slight hill between our neighbors home and ours. There is something underneath the ground in their yard. You can see the deep indent going into the ground. My problem is that it may be a french drain that is draining down into my property. Not sure if this is what it is or mabey a dry well of some kind.
The grass is brown all the way down the slope which continues to go under our deck and down through our yard. I'd say its length in total is 30 feet long. It looks horrible seeing all the dead grass each summer around this time. Someone took a "probe type tool" and stuck it in the ground and found some type of stone or gravel coming down into our yard. Also, the area that runs down after our deck is wet.
I'm just wondering if we put a french drain in the opposite way of this problem, that mabey it will take the water away from our home. Not quite sure how to build a french drain, but from what I read on this site, it doesn't seem to hard, BUT will it work in this situation?
Of course we believe this is also causing us to have water coming into the basement area.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 5 Things to Do with... Colanders
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps