I honestly think I have a question for every category in here, since I bought my new home three years ago!
My problem is we a slight hill between our neighbors home and ours. There is something underneath the ground in their yard. You can see the deep indent going into the ground. My problem is that it may be a french drain that is draining down into my property. Not sure if this is what it is or mabey a dry well of some kind.
The grass is brown all the way down the slope which continues to go under our deck and down through our yard. I'd say its length in total is 30 feet long. It looks horrible seeing all the dead grass each summer around this time. Someone took a "probe type tool" and stuck it in the ground and found some type of stone or gravel coming down into our yard. Also, the area that runs down after our deck is wet.
I'm just wondering if we put a french drain in the opposite way of this problem, that mabey it will take the water away from our home. Not quite sure how to build a french drain, but from what I read on this site, it doesn't seem to hard, BUT will it work in this situation?
Of course we believe this is also causing us to have water coming into the basement area.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes