How do you remove Pet Odor/Stains from Cement floor?
Stains in concrete are difficult to remove as you may find from previous posts.For pet odors,most vets have products which I have heard work wonders but have no first hand knowledge.I can tell you that working in elderly housing,we often run into a similar situation.When carpet adhesive is applied and the new rug goes down,there is no more odor.
Matches is right. Concrete is a pourous material so it pretty-much can absorbe a good bit of any liquid that's left to 'sit' on it over time.
You could mix a solution of 4 to 1 (water to bleach) and 'paint' it on. Just be sure to keep it wet so the bleach gets a chance to work itself into the concrete. Cover the area with a good-sized sheet of plastic while it's doing its thing. This way, it won't evaporate so quickly. Then, at some point, you need to give up and just go ahead and lay your new floor. You could consider sealing that area after it dries. Visit your local Paint Retailer (found in the YELLOW PAGES under PAINT - RETAIL) for a sealer. Just tell them what you're interested in doing so they give you the 'right stuff'.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight