I recently stained my deck with Olympic Semi-Transparent stain, and applied too much in several areas. These areas are not drying, staying shiny and a bit sticky. Any suggestions on how to remedy this situation?
You should be able to apply some mineral spirits to the glossy areas to soften the gummy residue, then use a scraper and rag to remove excess before it dries. The mineral spirits will not harm the wood or stain, and should re-activate the solids so you can even out the finish. Even if you do nothing, eventually the shiny areas will harden on their own and weather to a uniform color and finish.
Replacement Windows.....how much is too much?
Deck Stain on Vinyl Siding
SANDING A DECK HELP
wood deck with solid stain-gets too dirty-what to co...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love