I recently stained my deck with Olympic Semi-Transparent stain, and applied too much in several areas. These areas are not drying, staying shiny and a bit sticky. Any suggestions on how to remedy this situation?
You should be able to apply some mineral spirits to the glossy areas to soften the gummy residue, then use a scraper and rag to remove excess before it dries. The mineral spirits will not harm the wood or stain, and should re-activate the solids so you can even out the finish. Even if you do nothing, eventually the shiny areas will harden on their own and weather to a uniform color and finish.
Replacement Windows.....how much is too much?
Deck Stain on Vinyl Siding
SANDING A DECK HELP
wood deck with solid stain-gets too dirty-what to co...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects