There is a 1 to 2 inch gap on one side of my deck between the bandboard and the house. You can see the bolt that is not secured. It is only one bolt. Is it possible to push it back in to remove the gap? If not, is there anything that can be done to make sure the deck is secure?
You only have one bolt holding the deck to your house? The deck should be able to be drawn back towards the house, but you should certainly add more bolts. Provide more details on the deck size and whether joists are supported on hangers or a ledge board. By bandboard, I assume you mean the deck structure to which joists are attached, that is supposted to be attached to the house rim-joist. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Garage roof pitch different from house -- is this okay?
Yellow Mazy.........Cracks etc..
Floor Joist Sags
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects