There is a 1 to 2 inch gap on one side of my deck between the bandboard and the house. You can see the bolt that is not secured. It is only one bolt. Is it possible to push it back in to remove the gap? If not, is there anything that can be done to make sure the deck is secure?
You only have one bolt holding the deck to your house? The deck should be able to be drawn back towards the house, but you should certainly add more bolts. Provide more details on the deck size and whether joists are supported on hangers or a ledge board. By bandboard, I assume you mean the deck structure to which joists are attached, that is supposted to be attached to the house rim-joist. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Garage roof pitch different from house -- is this okay?
Yellow Mazy.........Cracks etc..
Floor Joist Sags
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips