There is a 1 to 2 inch gap on one side of my deck between the bandboard and the house. You can see the bolt that is not secured. It is only one bolt. Is it possible to push it back in to remove the gap? If not, is there anything that can be done to make sure the deck is secure?
You only have one bolt holding the deck to your house? The deck should be able to be drawn back towards the house, but you should certainly add more bolts. Provide more details on the deck size and whether joists are supported on hangers or a ledge board. By bandboard, I assume you mean the deck structure to which joists are attached, that is supposted to be attached to the house rim-joist. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Garage roof pitch different from house -- is this okay?
Yellow Mazy.........Cracks etc..
Floor Joist Sags
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love