There is a 1 to 2 inch gap on one side of my deck between the bandboard and the house. You can see the bolt that is not secured. It is only one bolt. Is it possible to push it back in to remove the gap? If not, is there anything that can be done to make sure the deck is secure?
You only have one bolt holding the deck to your house? The deck should be able to be drawn back towards the house, but you should certainly add more bolts. Provide more details on the deck size and whether joists are supported on hangers or a ledge board. By bandboard, I assume you mean the deck structure to which joists are attached, that is supposted to be attached to the house rim-joist. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Garage roof pitch different from house -- is this okay?
Yellow Mazy.........Cracks etc..
Floor Joist Sags
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!