I'm new to this site, but thought I could get an answer here about patios. I'm pretty sure we want to go with "patio stones" for look as well as low maintenance. My question is: If properly done, can I sit a full size hot tub on it after completion without any problems? Our neighboor says it will be much to heavy and the tub will start to sink shortly. We really do not want to build a wooden deck.....but having a hot tub is our driving force. Any and all input would be greatly appreciated.
Myself, I would pour a cement foundation to set the hot tub on. If it won't be seen, no point in spending extra money on pebbles. Your hot tub manufacturer should have specs on locations suitible for installation. Pebbles do not seem very sturdy.
Laying a brick patio
Building a patio area starting on an unlevel grade
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!