1. Breaker: Easy to check, probably not the cause, switch it with another breaker of the same amperage.
2. Short: Probably not the cause either since it only does it occasionally, unless, when the water reaches a certain level it bridges the gap and causes the short.
3. Overamp: Most likely cause- two possibilities:
A. Pump is partially jammed or binding from old age. Since the pump is not turning freely it is putting a strain on the motor causing it to overwork and heat up. When this happens the motor begins to exceed the amperage rating causing the breaker to trip.
B. Motor itself. As motors age the internal parts break down causing problems. Either the windings become shorted, the bearings begin to seize (similar to the pump problem), etc. For whatever reason the motor will itself overamp and trip the breaker.
The overamping can be verified with an amprobe without going into the well.
Notice the diagramming, paid attention in school. I am not certain what your control box does, but I really cannot see it or the pressure switch causing a tripping problem unless it shorts out from the water. But all of these are usually under water constantly unless yours is a remote setup.
If I missed anything?????
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Amazing Homes Made from Shipping Containers
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Quick Tips for Tackling 10 Clutter Hot Spots
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them