Flapper will not position-floats when tank is filling and will not close. Replaced with new and same result. Any suggestions?
Normally the flapper floats until the tank is empty. Then it "falls" shut. Either: 1) the tank is failing to empty completely for some reason or 2) the flapper falls but doesn't stay down when the water starts to fill on top of it. I believe the thing that makes it stay down is vacuum. If it was working OK and this is a new problem, then I'd say there's a problem elsewhere in your system. Anything changed lately in your house? If you've just made some changes to this commode, could it be that the water filling the tank is coming into the tank in such a way that it is lifting the flapper at one edge, breaking the seal? If that's the case, you might need to adjust how the water is entering the tank. Also, make sure that the flapper is sealing properly when the tank is empty.
That may very well solve your problem if you have high water pressure.The water rushing in holds the flapper open.This is also the reason you hear of a clogged toilet which continues to overflow.The water takes a direct path past the flapper,to the bowl,to the floor and will continue until shut-off.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes