I am about to build (small 24 x 24 cottage) and am considering a point of use electric water heater under the kitchen sink and another unit in the bath for the shower and lavatory. Any thoughts on this unusual method?
That is fine and perhaps even a sound plan because it will give you instant hot water by locating a tank near every usage point. But it will increase your energy costs. Larger water heaters reach economies of scale by maintaining the heat in one large body of water instead of several seperate water heaters. Several seperate water heaters have more surface area for the heat to escape. That does not mean less hot water or water that is not as hot, just more energy to maintain the same hot water in the same volume.
Water sediment keeps ruining
Tankless Water Heaters ???
12"x12" Texas Beige ceramic Tile made in Mexico item...
Trying to find out who makes this faucet....
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees