I am a TOTAL NOVICE at anything repair-wise, but am trying to learn! I fix PEOPLE, not THINGS (I'm an RN). Anyway, I'm branching out. Our bathroom faucet (Delta fixtures) leaks water constantly. The water bill has gone up tremendously. I took off the hot/cold water taps and tightened those screws, without success. From pictures on the internet, I've deduced that I may have to pull out the whole stem thing. Is that correct? Do I need to pull out BOTH hot & cold water sides? And just replace the washers, or what? Do I need to ask specifically at Home Depot for a Delta repair kit, or does it matter? Or am I just TOTALLY in the dark??? Thanks!
There are too many variations in faucets to comment. Best bet is to turn off the water and take apart the faucet from above. Remove the 'innards' and take them with you to the hardware store. They will help you. May have to replace the entire cartridge or jucs the waehers & springs.
Mel, the beauty of a name brand faucet, such as Delta. is: It is easily identified, You can buy replacement parts for said faucet, and you can DIY as far as repairs go. Please contact me on www.kasamba.com and give me the details ,such as single lever? or Single stems? I will walk you through the whole repair process, Tom
Low Water Pressure in Bathroom Sink
Bathroom faucet very hard to turn on and off...
One of you smart guys explain pipe hammering to me?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love