I am a TOTAL NOVICE at anything repair-wise, but am trying to learn! I fix PEOPLE, not THINGS (I'm an RN). Anyway, I'm branching out. Our bathroom faucet (Delta fixtures) leaks water constantly. The water bill has gone up tremendously. I took off the hot/cold water taps and tightened those screws, without success. From pictures on the internet, I've deduced that I may have to pull out the whole stem thing. Is that correct? Do I need to pull out BOTH hot & cold water sides? And just replace the washers, or what? Do I need to ask specifically at Home Depot for a Delta repair kit, or does it matter? Or am I just TOTALLY in the dark??? Thanks!
There are too many variations in faucets to comment. Best bet is to turn off the water and take apart the faucet from above. Remove the 'innards' and take them with you to the hardware store. They will help you. May have to replace the entire cartridge or jucs the waehers & springs.
Mel, the beauty of a name brand faucet, such as Delta. is: It is easily identified, You can buy replacement parts for said faucet, and you can DIY as far as repairs go. Please contact me on www.kasamba.com and give me the details ,such as single lever? or Single stems? I will walk you through the whole repair process, Tom
Low Water Pressure in Bathroom Sink
One of you smart guys explain pipe hammering to me?
Bathroom sink faucets
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight