Being a new homeowner, and growing up in the least of handy households, I am pretty clueless about the workings of a house. I have been reading and reading the last 2 weeks as much as i can.
I plan to get my basement finished off and need to move my washer/dryer. The washer is currently tied into a stack that runs into the DWV.
The washer will actually be closer now to the DWV, approximatly 2 feet....can i just run a length of pipe, into a P-trap then into a san tee into the DWV?
Does this need to be vented? if so, where?
AS it currently is, if i can tie right into the DWV, the current cleanout of the DWV will be above the tie in..is this a non issue since i have a clean out on the ptrap of the washer?
ok onto my gas Q. I need to move my dryer as well, however working with gas makes me hella nervous. Ive read to just shut off the main gas in and bleed the system. I assume just running the stove burners would suffice, am i correct?
also do i need to turn the HWH and furnace to an off position and relight the pilots when i get the gas line moved?
thanks all, again sorry for the ignorance of the Questions, all this is new to me and i want to gather as much info as i can before doing anything.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- DIY Plumbing Pipe Vase
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps