Being a new homeowner, and growing up in the least of handy households, I am pretty clueless about the workings of a house. I have been reading and reading the last 2 weeks as much as i can.
I plan to get my basement finished off and need to move my washer/dryer. The washer is currently tied into a stack that runs into the DWV.
The washer will actually be closer now to the DWV, approximatly 2 feet....can i just run a length of pipe, into a P-trap then into a san tee into the DWV?
Does this need to be vented? if so, where?
AS it currently is, if i can tie right into the DWV, the current cleanout of the DWV will be above the tie in..is this a non issue since i have a clean out on the ptrap of the washer?
ok onto my gas Q. I need to move my dryer as well, however working with gas makes me hella nervous. Ive read to just shut off the main gas in and bleed the system. I assume just running the stove burners would suffice, am i correct?
also do i need to turn the HWH and furnace to an off position and relight the pilots when i get the gas line moved?
thanks all, again sorry for the ignorance of the Questions, all this is new to me and i want to gather as much info as i can before doing anything.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Furniture Makeovers: 10 Total DIY Do-Overs
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them