Being a new homeowner, and growing up in the least of handy households, I am pretty clueless about the workings of a house. I have been reading and reading the last 2 weeks as much as i can.
I plan to get my basement finished off and need to move my washer/dryer. The washer is currently tied into a stack that runs into the DWV.
The washer will actually be closer now to the DWV, approximatly 2 feet....can i just run a length of pipe, into a P-trap then into a san tee into the DWV?
Does this need to be vented? if so, where?
AS it currently is, if i can tie right into the DWV, the current cleanout of the DWV will be above the tie in..is this a non issue since i have a clean out on the ptrap of the washer?
ok onto my gas Q. I need to move my dryer as well, however working with gas makes me hella nervous. Ive read to just shut off the main gas in and bleed the system. I assume just running the stove burners would suffice, am i correct?
also do i need to turn the HWH and furnace to an off position and relight the pilots when i get the gas line moved?
thanks all, again sorry for the ignorance of the Questions, all this is new to me and i want to gather as much info as i can before doing anything.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!