Being a new homeowner, and growing up in the least of handy households, I am pretty clueless about the workings of a house. I have been reading and reading the last 2 weeks as much as i can.
I plan to get my basement finished off and need to move my washer/dryer. The washer is currently tied into a stack that runs into the DWV.
The washer will actually be closer now to the DWV, approximatly 2 feet....can i just run a length of pipe, into a P-trap then into a san tee into the DWV?
Does this need to be vented? if so, where?
AS it currently is, if i can tie right into the DWV, the current cleanout of the DWV will be above the tie in..is this a non issue since i have a clean out on the ptrap of the washer?
ok onto my gas Q. I need to move my dryer as well, however working with gas makes me hella nervous. Ive read to just shut off the main gas in and bleed the system. I assume just running the stove burners would suffice, am i correct?
also do i need to turn the HWH and furnace to an off position and relight the pilots when i get the gas line moved?
thanks all, again sorry for the ignorance of the Questions, all this is new to me and i want to gather as much info as i can before doing anything.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 47 Industrial Kitchens
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps