We are having our kitchen remodeled and purchased a 33x22 stainless Kohler double sink.
We have a standard laminant counter top (25") going in with a backsplash. The plumber has said that he will not install the sink as it is too big and we need to have a 21" sink to leave enough room for counter surface behind to the backsplash and in front and have enough room to attach the clips to hold the sink in place.
This does not seem correct, when we measure and look at other samples...while the showing counter top is small a 22" sink fits. Any suggestions or how to's to make this work?
On the top of the base cabinet, you may have to use a router or jigsaw to cut down the 1x's that were used for support and to prevent sagging of the C/T. Sometimes it's very difficult to install the clips on the front of the sink, and you really want at least 3 clips all around, so the sink is held firmly and makes a good seal.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!