My house is on a concrete slab, and I've had to replace the wax ring three times in less than six years. Is this normal? It takes a super-thick wax ring because of being on a concrete slab.
We're doing a semi-remodel of the bathroom and weren't really planning on replacing the toilet, but I'm wondering if this recurring problem might be because of a problem with the toilet, or if there might be a differt type of toilet that would be less likely to result in this problem.
Another question is, is there anything I should look for in the flange/connector (not sure what it's supposed to be called) that could be the problem the wax ring need replacing so often?
I know in my previous house I was there 16 years and replaced the wax ring maybe twice, so it's really bugging me to go two years or less between suddenly having water leaking out around the toilet!
Toilet base leak
Toilet does half a flush
Questions on installing toilet in basement bathroom!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Design a Better Bedroom: 9 Strategies
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Would You Live in a Floating Home?