My house is on a concrete slab, and I've had to replace the wax ring three times in less than six years. Is this normal? It takes a super-thick wax ring because of being on a concrete slab.
We're doing a semi-remodel of the bathroom and weren't really planning on replacing the toilet, but I'm wondering if this recurring problem might be because of a problem with the toilet, or if there might be a differt type of toilet that would be less likely to result in this problem.
Another question is, is there anything I should look for in the flange/connector (not sure what it's supposed to be called) that could be the problem the wax ring need replacing so often?
I know in my previous house I was there 16 years and replaced the wax ring maybe twice, so it's really bugging me to go two years or less between suddenly having water leaking out around the toilet!
Toilet base leak
Toilet does half a flush
Questions on installing toilet in basement bathroom!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Steps to Paradise in Your Own Backyard
- 47 Industrial Kitchens
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 15 Plants Perfect for Hanging Baskets
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Corral Kids' Clutter with 15 DIY Storage Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps