My house is on a concrete slab, and I've had to replace the wax ring three times in less than six years. Is this normal? It takes a super-thick wax ring because of being on a concrete slab.
We're doing a semi-remodel of the bathroom and weren't really planning on replacing the toilet, but I'm wondering if this recurring problem might be because of a problem with the toilet, or if there might be a differt type of toilet that would be less likely to result in this problem.
Another question is, is there anything I should look for in the flange/connector (not sure what it's supposed to be called) that could be the problem the wax ring need replacing so often?
I know in my previous house I was there 16 years and replaced the wax ring maybe twice, so it's really bugging me to go two years or less between suddenly having water leaking out around the toilet!
Toilet base leak
Toilet does half a flush
Questions on installing toilet in basement bathroom!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes