My house is on a concrete slab, and I've had to replace the wax ring three times in less than six years. Is this normal? It takes a super-thick wax ring because of being on a concrete slab.
We're doing a semi-remodel of the bathroom and weren't really planning on replacing the toilet, but I'm wondering if this recurring problem might be because of a problem with the toilet, or if there might be a differt type of toilet that would be less likely to result in this problem.
Another question is, is there anything I should look for in the flange/connector (not sure what it's supposed to be called) that could be the problem the wax ring need replacing so often?
I know in my previous house I was there 16 years and replaced the wax ring maybe twice, so it's really bugging me to go two years or less between suddenly having water leaking out around the toilet!
Toilet base leak
Toilet does half a flush
Questions on installing toilet in basement bathroom!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Laundry Rooms We Love
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 8 Paint Colors to Help Sell Your House
- Furniture Arranging 101
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Brilliant Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- Boost Resale Value: 7 Renovations That Pay
- 10 "Welcoming" Front Door Paint Colors
- 10 “Zero Dollar” Storage Hacks to Try Today
- 5 Things to Do with Cinder Blocks
- 11 Top Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 14 Ways to Make Good Use of Your Old Stuff
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes