My house is on a concrete slab, and I've had to replace the wax ring three times in less than six years. Is this normal? It takes a super-thick wax ring because of being on a concrete slab.
We're doing a semi-remodel of the bathroom and weren't really planning on replacing the toilet, but I'm wondering if this recurring problem might be because of a problem with the toilet, or if there might be a differt type of toilet that would be less likely to result in this problem.
Another question is, is there anything I should look for in the flange/connector (not sure what it's supposed to be called) that could be the problem the wax ring need replacing so often?
I know in my previous house I was there 16 years and replaced the wax ring maybe twice, so it's really bugging me to go two years or less between suddenly having water leaking out around the toilet!
Toilet base leak
Toilet does half a flush
Questions on installing toilet in basement bathroom!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 9 Ways to Extend Patio Season into Fall
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs