We recently had a refrigerator with an ice maker installed. One bathroom is just behind the kitchen wall.
The folks that installed it ran a tube from the bathroom under sink cabinet, drilled a hole in the wall, and ran the tube to the refrigerator.
Ever since then, we've had an odor coming from under the sink. Not all the time, but when it's there, it's pretty pungent. It smells almost like septic (we're on a septic tank), but not as bad.
I've used expanding foam to cover any gaps between pipes and the wall, but the smell continues. We get it no where else in the house. The shower and the sink are used regularly, so there is water in the traps.
john in sumner wa
hello..well unless he drilled through top of drain pipe or vent,,,i would check your sink overflow..the little hole in front of your sink...we have flushed out hundreds,,,and the smell is terrible..check out ezplunger.com..this tool cleans out the black scum..good luck
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!