I have a problem with noisy pipes. When I run the water in the kitchen sink, my bathroom sinks (up and downstairs), it is followed by a loud moan from the sinks and a few minutes later. I have to turn the sinks fully on the keep the moan from happening while I have the water on. I thought that a weak valve in the washing machine was the problem, I recently replaced the watching machine and the problem appear to be worse.
I left home for a week on vacation and turned of the water and drained the pipes. When I returned home, I turned on the water to the 2nd floor kitchen sink to open it up before I turned the water on and water begin to run even though the water was still off. I am trying to figure out why all of the water would settle on the second floor kitchen sink area.
I have lived in the home since 2000 and never had a problem with noisy pipes until recently. I purchased a new dishwasher last May, but the noise started in the fall.
In December 2005, I left home turned off the water and drained the pipes only to return to find my washing machine full of water and water all over the floor. This is why I assumed the washing machine was the culprint, but this year the water was on the second floor. I turned off the water supply to the washing machine.
I can't figure out what the problem is. With a new washing machine, there couldn't possible be a weak valve. I suspect the dishwasher, but it is new also. Do I need to call a plumber to get to the bottom of this.
The problem disappear for about a month, but has now returned ever worse.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers