I have a problem with noisy pipes. When I run the water in the kitchen sink, my bathroom sinks (up and downstairs), it is followed by a loud moan from the sinks and a few minutes later. I have to turn the sinks fully on the keep the moan from happening while I have the water on. I thought that a weak valve in the washing machine was the problem, I recently replaced the watching machine and the problem appear to be worse.
I left home for a week on vacation and turned of the water and drained the pipes. When I returned home, I turned on the water to the 2nd floor kitchen sink to open it up before I turned the water on and water begin to run even though the water was still off. I am trying to figure out why all of the water would settle on the second floor kitchen sink area.
I have lived in the home since 2000 and never had a problem with noisy pipes until recently. I purchased a new dishwasher last May, but the noise started in the fall.
In December 2005, I left home turned off the water and drained the pipes only to return to find my washing machine full of water and water all over the floor. This is why I assumed the washing machine was the culprint, but this year the water was on the second floor. I turned off the water supply to the washing machine.
I can't figure out what the problem is. With a new washing machine, there couldn't possible be a weak valve. I suspect the dishwasher, but it is new also. Do I need to call a plumber to get to the bottom of this.
The problem disappear for about a month, but has now returned ever worse.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Why You Should Reconsider Aboveground Pools
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs