I have a problem with noisy pipes. When I run the water in the kitchen sink, my bathroom sinks (up and downstairs), it is followed by a loud moan from the sinks and a few minutes later. I have to turn the sinks fully on the keep the moan from happening while I have the water on. I thought that a weak valve in the washing machine was the problem, I recently replaced the watching machine and the problem appear to be worse.
I left home for a week on vacation and turned of the water and drained the pipes. When I returned home, I turned on the water to the 2nd floor kitchen sink to open it up before I turned the water on and water begin to run even though the water was still off. I am trying to figure out why all of the water would settle on the second floor kitchen sink area.
I have lived in the home since 2000 and never had a problem with noisy pipes until recently. I purchased a new dishwasher last May, but the noise started in the fall.
In December 2005, I left home turned off the water and drained the pipes only to return to find my washing machine full of water and water all over the floor. This is why I assumed the washing machine was the culprint, but this year the water was on the second floor. I turned off the water supply to the washing machine.
I can't figure out what the problem is. With a new washing machine, there couldn't possible be a weak valve. I suspect the dishwasher, but it is new also. Do I need to call a plumber to get to the bottom of this.
The problem disappear for about a month, but has now returned ever worse.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects