I have a problem with noisy pipes. When I run the water in the kitchen sink, my bathroom sinks (up and downstairs), it is followed by a loud moan from the sinks and a few minutes later. I have to turn the sinks fully on the keep the moan from happening while I have the water on. I thought that a weak valve in the washing machine was the problem, I recently replaced the watching machine and the problem appear to be worse.
I left home for a week on vacation and turned of the water and drained the pipes. When I returned home, I turned on the water to the 2nd floor kitchen sink to open it up before I turned the water on and water begin to run even though the water was still off. I am trying to figure out why all of the water would settle on the second floor kitchen sink area.
I have lived in the home since 2000 and never had a problem with noisy pipes until recently. I purchased a new dishwasher last May, but the noise started in the fall.
In December 2005, I left home turned off the water and drained the pipes only to return to find my washing machine full of water and water all over the floor. This is why I assumed the washing machine was the culprint, but this year the water was on the second floor. I turned off the water supply to the washing machine.
I can't figure out what the problem is. With a new washing machine, there couldn't possible be a weak valve. I suspect the dishwasher, but it is new also. Do I need to call a plumber to get to the bottom of this.
The problem disappear for about a month, but has now returned ever worse.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!