I replaced an old float ball with a new Fluidmaster 400A kit in a Mansfield toilet (No. 160). This toilet does not have a flapper, but instead has a water-saver valve that rises up and down over a stem and valve washer.
When installing the Fluidmaster 400A, you're supposed to take the fill tube (thin black rubber tube) and insert it into the flat cap of the water-saver valve (I've done this successfully on 2 other toilets in my house). This time, however, when the toilet is flushed, the water bubbles out of the top of the cap as if the water is turned on too hard, instead of all of the water going down into the water-saver valve thing. It's as if the fill tube is just a little too small for the hole in the cap.
Other than turn the input faucet down at the wall restricting the water flow, is there something else I should do? (I'm worried the water will force the tube to shoot out of the cap). Should I try plummer's putty to try to force the tube into the water-saver more tightly?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes