I replaced an old float ball with a new Fluidmaster 400A kit in a Mansfield toilet (No. 160). This toilet does not have a flapper, but instead has a water-saver valve that rises up and down over a stem and valve washer.
When installing the Fluidmaster 400A, you're supposed to take the fill tube (thin black rubber tube) and insert it into the flat cap of the water-saver valve (I've done this successfully on 2 other toilets in my house). This time, however, when the toilet is flushed, the water bubbles out of the top of the cap as if the water is turned on too hard, instead of all of the water going down into the water-saver valve thing. It's as if the fill tube is just a little too small for the hole in the cap.
Other than turn the input faucet down at the wall restricting the water flow, is there something else I should do? (I'm worried the water will force the tube to shoot out of the cap). Should I try plummer's putty to try to force the tube into the water-saver more tightly?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!