I have never posted to this site before, but would appreciate any help people would be willing to offer.
Below is an email I sent out regarding a job taking place in my new apartment.
here it is:
Last month I moved into a two-story greystone in Chicago, and I imagine the
building is at least 50 years old. My landlord decided to remove the forced
heat radiators and install central. As you may know this involves taking out
all of the radiators and mainly doing a lot of cutting away of the floors.
What I am concerned about is when they went into my closet, the cut a whole
leading from the basement, through my closet and into the apartment upstairs,
leaving a lot of black dust behind. I am wondering if when they cut through
the floor dividing the two floors, they irritated possible asbestos.
I know nothing of home maintenence and would probably believe most of what the
guys who are doing this would tell me. By the way, the guys who are doing this
don't seem to be the most professional of the lot, as no tarps or protection of
any sort was provided. Today, I asked one of the men if there was asbestos in
the building and he said probably, but from what he could tell he didn't see
any since they have been working. He said, "trust me, I would know." While I
don't doubt that, is he understating the problem, if there is one?
Thank you for reading this far. Any suggestions regarding this would be greatly
appreciated, especially regarding best way to clean the dust up and reduce
particles in the air.
Thank you very much.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes