Hi there, I live in a one bedroom mobile home, and it was built in the sixties. Everything inside looks too retro, such as wood paneling walls, which I'm tired of looking at.
I want to completely overhaul the image, and remodel it inside out.
This is my plan to start out:
1) Paint over all the wood paneling with a white primer, then fill in the gaps with a putty.
2) Not sure what color to paint it to give it a newer home look.
3) Replacing the kitchen countertops, I wanted to go with light or dark green ones, as well as painting the bathroom white.
4) Installing mirrors on the closet doors.
5) Replacing lighting fixtures (I already did with contemporary European spotlights).
6) Retrofitting all the windows with plate glass.
So my question is, what suggestions can you throw my way in order to turn this home into a true single guy's pad? As in, the true contemporary look (I plan on using black and stainless steel furniture).
Mobile Home Addition
what is a realistic remodel for a mobile home?
Same old bathtub woes
Building a small cinder block house inside of my mob...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!