i need help....why does the pilot lite on my
bradford white gas hot water heater keep going out?? no matter how many times i lite it as soon as i let go of the stupid buttin it goes out....we have a 500 gal tank and it say's we are at 50% full so we have the gas and the boiler stays on for the hot water base bord heat
Check to make sure the pilot is burning bright blue not wavy yellow, if it is wavy yellow then clean the pilot or tap it with a screwdriver while allowing gas to flow. Then try it if still not ok then I would think either the thermocouple is defective most likely or less likely the gas valve is defective.
thanks for the help....come to find out we had lost power and there are two sensors on top of the water heater at the chimney that if the power goes out when the water heater is running it trips these two sensors and will not let the pilot light stay on....thanks again for any and all of you who reply to this....
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight