Recently, I have noticed water condensing on the supply ducts around the blower. I never had this problem with a CAC before. I am concerned bcs we just bought this place and I dont want water inside my walls how do I stop it. It has been rainy here and quite humid (Im in DC 'burbs). I was considering a dehumidifier but id rather solve the problem (if any). Alos please see my other post, related?
Several things. You could insulate the ducts and keep the humidity away from them. Add a supply and registers to the basement to improve airflow. But unless the AC is running a great deal you may need a dehumidifier to keep up. It sounds more like a moisture problem in the basement rather than a CAC problem. A dehumidifer running is cheaper than turning your CAC lower to remove moisture. Your CAC system may even be missized to handle this problem.
I have seen this problem before and your last reply is right. Due to the hi relative humidity, the basement is unusually humid and the cooler duct will cause condensation on your ducts. Do not worry about the interior walls. Dehumidifier in the basement is the only solution. Once the RH% comes down in the basement you can try leaving the Dehumidifier off.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight