Recently, I have noticed water condensing on the supply ducts around the blower. I never had this problem with a CAC before. I am concerned bcs we just bought this place and I dont want water inside my walls how do I stop it. It has been rainy here and quite humid (Im in DC 'burbs). I was considering a dehumidifier but id rather solve the problem (if any). Alos please see my other post, related?
Several things. You could insulate the ducts and keep the humidity away from them. Add a supply and registers to the basement to improve airflow. But unless the AC is running a great deal you may need a dehumidifier to keep up. It sounds more like a moisture problem in the basement rather than a CAC problem. A dehumidifer running is cheaper than turning your CAC lower to remove moisture. Your CAC system may even be missized to handle this problem.
I have seen this problem before and your last reply is right. Due to the hi relative humidity, the basement is unusually humid and the cooler duct will cause condensation on your ducts. Do not worry about the interior walls. Dehumidifier in the basement is the only solution. Once the RH% comes down in the basement you can try leaving the Dehumidifier off.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes