Recently, I have noticed water condensing on the supply ducts around the blower. I never had this problem with a CAC before. I am concerned bcs we just bought this place and I dont want water inside my walls how do I stop it. It has been rainy here and quite humid (Im in DC 'burbs). I was considering a dehumidifier but id rather solve the problem (if any). Alos please see my other post, related?
Several things. You could insulate the ducts and keep the humidity away from them. Add a supply and registers to the basement to improve airflow. But unless the AC is running a great deal you may need a dehumidifier to keep up. It sounds more like a moisture problem in the basement rather than a CAC problem. A dehumidifer running is cheaper than turning your CAC lower to remove moisture. Your CAC system may even be missized to handle this problem.
I have seen this problem before and your last reply is right. Due to the hi relative humidity, the basement is unusually humid and the cooler duct will cause condensation on your ducts. Do not worry about the interior walls. Dehumidifier in the basement is the only solution. Once the RH% comes down in the basement you can try leaving the Dehumidifier off.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Design a Better Bedroom: 9 Strategies
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Would You Live in a Floating Home?