Duct work for new basement bathroom
Can I get by with a 4" duct for a 8'x7' bathroom I'm building in the basement? Didn't know if there was a code for the sq. ft. or not. This is a new house and they put 6" duct throughout just thought 6" for a small bathroom might be too much air.
you should get by for the bathroom. It may even be too much. You may however have problems with the reat of the house. If the did the whole space in just 6", the must not know that duct comes in different sizes. I would be willing to bet that you will have problems with airflow. In all likelyhood you will have coil freezeups and tripped limit switches. Then again, they may have done a full heat loss/gain and it just happens that 6" feeds will work perfectly for your space. Unlikely, but it is possible.
Best of luck
Best of luck
Make sure you put a damper on the run going to that bathroom. It needs to be right at the take-off from the main trunkline. Depending on were this take-off is located within the system, you may get a loud air noise due to the smaller duct size. I would put the 6" in and just dampen it down. If you have any hidden issued with static pressure, it will show it's ugly face real quick. Air of the same CFM will go through 4" duct with much more velocity that 6". It's best to go larger and just dampen down what you don't need.
what kind of insultation
Am I getting ripped off?
Best methood of heating and cooling 2nd floor.
Are heated floors enough to heat a 600 sqft garden u...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees