Duct work for new basement bathroom
Can I get by with a 4" duct for a 8'x7' bathroom I'm building in the basement? Didn't know if there was a code for the sq. ft. or not. This is a new house and they put 6" duct throughout just thought 6" for a small bathroom might be too much air.
you should get by for the bathroom. It may even be too much. You may however have problems with the reat of the house. If the did the whole space in just 6", the must not know that duct comes in different sizes. I would be willing to bet that you will have problems with airflow. In all likelyhood you will have coil freezeups and tripped limit switches. Then again, they may have done a full heat loss/gain and it just happens that 6" feeds will work perfectly for your space. Unlikely, but it is possible.
Best of luck
Best of luck
Make sure you put a damper on the run going to that bathroom. It needs to be right at the take-off from the main trunkline. Depending on were this take-off is located within the system, you may get a loud air noise due to the smaller duct size. I would put the 6" in and just dampen it down. If you have any hidden issued with static pressure, it will show it's ugly face real quick. Air of the same CFM will go through 4" duct with much more velocity that 6". It's best to go larger and just dampen down what you don't need.
what kind of insultation
Am I getting ripped off?
Best methood of heating and cooling 2nd floor.
Are heated floors enough to heat a 600 sqft garden u...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects