We are thinking of replacing a 15 year old Heil Central Air system in southern NJ, had PSEG out who said we needed to replace furnace and air and recommended York with a $6700 quote. Had another company out who said we didn't need to replace the unit and recommended against York, Lennox even though they sold York they quoted us on a Goodman system for $3300, started thinking this sounded good and the man seemed honest until had ***** Home Central came out who of course raved about their Kenmore unit and said to buy anything but a Goodman, the Kenmore unit being about $500 more than the Goodman. Now I am confused does anyone have any advice or other recommendations. Many thanks
Thanks for your quick response. I actually felt like I trusted the man about the Goodman as he could have easily quoted me for something else more expensive and we never gave him a budget he just seemed to really like the Goodman, the company he came from seems to be very reputable and is a memeber of the BBB, although does this really matter haven't dealt in anything like this before so not sure if it is an advertising thing for them. I have another question also the Kenmore man told us to stay away from any A/C unit that needed a superior coil to get it to a 14 seer unit, he used carrier as an example as they can leak, does anyone know anything about this. Many thanks.
Need help identifying insulation type
Turning a grainery into a small apartment. Need help!
NEED HELP WITH CHOOSING BRAND
Need help designing my kitchen.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes