We recently moved a few of the radiators in our place, it's a stream system with only one valve, and replaced some of the shut off valves as the old ones were rusty and had broken knobs. Now though I am seeing some steam coming out of the connections to the valves, most of it seems to be coming from the radiator side not the valve side. I've put thread tape of the valve side but how do I deal with steam leaking from the other side?
Thought about putting Plumber's Goop or some such thing over the threads on that side, but I'm not sure how good a seal that will give me. Ideas are appreciated.
Try this, If the leak is between the radiator and the valve, take some steel wool to the mating surfaces & clean them up. Check the alignment of the radiator to the valve, install as straight as possible. Slope the radiator to the valve [ this will keep the hammering noise down] Crank on that nut with a wrench. If this does'nt solve it the valve may have to be replaced. I'm near Boston & dealt with a few of these. C.
Washing Machine shut off valve
Main water shut-off valve leaks
stuck shut off valve for toilet...how to replace???
Stuck toilet shut off valve
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes