We recently moved a few of the radiators in our place, it's a stream system with only one valve, and replaced some of the shut off valves as the old ones were rusty and had broken knobs. Now though I am seeing some steam coming out of the connections to the valves, most of it seems to be coming from the radiator side not the valve side. I've put thread tape of the valve side but how do I deal with steam leaking from the other side?
Thought about putting Plumber's Goop or some such thing over the threads on that side, but I'm not sure how good a seal that will give me. Ideas are appreciated.
Try this, If the leak is between the radiator and the valve, take some steel wool to the mating surfaces & clean them up. Check the alignment of the radiator to the valve, install as straight as possible. Slope the radiator to the valve [ this will keep the hammering noise down] Crank on that nut with a wrench. If this does'nt solve it the valve may have to be replaced. I'm near Boston & dealt with a few of these. C.
Washing Machine shut off valve
Main water shut-off valve leaks
stuck shut off valve for toilet...how to replace???
Stuck toilet shut off valve
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- 15 Fast Fixes for Your Home Facade
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers