We recently moved a few of the radiators in our place, it's a stream system with only one valve, and replaced some of the shut off valves as the old ones were rusty and had broken knobs. Now though I am seeing some steam coming out of the connections to the valves, most of it seems to be coming from the radiator side not the valve side. I've put thread tape of the valve side but how do I deal with steam leaking from the other side?
Thought about putting Plumber's Goop or some such thing over the threads on that side, but I'm not sure how good a seal that will give me. Ideas are appreciated.
Try this, If the leak is between the radiator and the valve, take some steel wool to the mating surfaces & clean them up. Check the alignment of the radiator to the valve, install as straight as possible. Slope the radiator to the valve [ this will keep the hammering noise down] Crank on that nut with a wrench. If this does'nt solve it the valve may have to be replaced. I'm near Boston & dealt with a few of these. C.
Washing Machine shut off valve
Main water shut-off valve leaks
stuck shut off valve for toilet...how to replace???
Stuck toilet shut off valve
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight