I have a 15yr old comfortmaker gas furnace and I just had a service man here for cleaning. He found some rust spots on the exchanger and showed them to me. He also claimed to be able to feel the gasses in his throat while it was running. He said it was a very unsafe situation and siad he will come right away Monday to replace it.
I bought a new CO detector and put it right in the furnace room and it records absolutely ZERO! Just to make sure it worked I put it in the garage and started the car and yep it wrks right away!
My question is b4 I spent 2500 on a new furnace are rust spots on the exchager ok?
I know it wont last forever but I truly do not see where the rust has caused a hole in the exchanger and the CO detector is within 2 feet from the furnace and says zero. Is this an emergency or something to keep an eye on? I do have 4 children and dont want any undue risk but do not want to be taken either.
Thanks in advance--he is comming on monday!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes