I have a 15yr old comfortmaker gas furnace and I just had a service man here for cleaning. He found some rust spots on the exchanger and showed them to me. He also claimed to be able to feel the gasses in his throat while it was running. He said it was a very unsafe situation and siad he will come right away Monday to replace it.
I bought a new CO detector and put it right in the furnace room and it records absolutely ZERO! Just to make sure it worked I put it in the garage and started the car and yep it wrks right away!
My question is b4 I spent 2500 on a new furnace are rust spots on the exchager ok?
I know it wont last forever but I truly do not see where the rust has caused a hole in the exchanger and the CO detector is within 2 feet from the furnace and says zero. Is this an emergency or something to keep an eye on? I do have 4 children and dont want any undue risk but do not want to be taken either.
Thanks in advance--he is comming on monday!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 9 Ways to Extend Patio Season into Fall
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs