I have a 15yr old comfortmaker gas furnace and I just had a service man here for cleaning. He found some rust spots on the exchanger and showed them to me. He also claimed to be able to feel the gasses in his throat while it was running. He said it was a very unsafe situation and siad he will come right away Monday to replace it.
I bought a new CO detector and put it right in the furnace room and it records absolutely ZERO! Just to make sure it worked I put it in the garage and started the car and yep it wrks right away!
My question is b4 I spent 2500 on a new furnace are rust spots on the exchager ok?
I know it wont last forever but I truly do not see where the rust has caused a hole in the exchanger and the CO detector is within 2 feet from the furnace and says zero. Is this an emergency or something to keep an eye on? I do have 4 children and dont want any undue risk but do not want to be taken either.
Thanks in advance--he is comming on monday!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees