I have been trying to find a gas insert to install in my existing masonry fireplace for a while and I'm having no luck. The problem is that my fireplace has an arched opening with a bumped-out feature tile all the way around the opening. So I cannot install the standard "shroud" to cover the space between the insert and the fireplace opening- that would mean I'd have to chisel the beautiful tile off of the front of the fireplace. I need a surround that fits INSIDE the fireplace opening and can be trimmed to fit my arch. The fireplace is 32" wide, 28" tall, and I need as many BTU's as possible. Does anyone know of a company that makes trimmable surrounds for their gas inserts?
I'd also like to be able to get an arched front (or doors) for this insert- I think a square shape will look funny sitting inside the arched shape.
Thanks for any help!
try contacting lafayette masonry supply, they have a sister store that deala in fire places and acessories, i am not sure of the new number to the sister store, but you may call lafayette masonry and anyone that answers will be glad to give you the number, just ask for the number to "a fires place"... when you call A fires place ask for Kim, she is one of the owners, and will be glad to help you out... they would ship anything you need to where ever you need it..... the number to lafayette masonry supply is (765)742-0146.... sorry i dont have the number directly to a fires place, but i have sent you in the right direction
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!