I have been trying to find a gas insert to install in my existing masonry fireplace for a while and I'm having no luck. The problem is that my fireplace has an arched opening with a bumped-out feature tile all the way around the opening. So I cannot install the standard "shroud" to cover the space between the insert and the fireplace opening- that would mean I'd have to chisel the beautiful tile off of the front of the fireplace. I need a surround that fits INSIDE the fireplace opening and can be trimmed to fit my arch. The fireplace is 32" wide, 28" tall, and I need as many BTU's as possible. Does anyone know of a company that makes trimmable surrounds for their gas inserts?
I'd also like to be able to get an arched front (or doors) for this insert- I think a square shape will look funny sitting inside the arched shape.
Thanks for any help!
try contacting lafayette masonry supply, they have a sister store that deala in fire places and acessories, i am not sure of the new number to the sister store, but you may call lafayette masonry and anyone that answers will be glad to give you the number, just ask for the number to "a fires place"... when you call A fires place ask for Kim, she is one of the owners, and will be glad to help you out... they would ship anything you need to where ever you need it..... the number to lafayette masonry supply is (765)742-0146.... sorry i dont have the number directly to a fires place, but i have sent you in the right direction
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects Anyone Can Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 9 "Killer" Ways to Eliminate Weeds
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- Designers Reveal Today's Top 10 Bath Remodeling Trends
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight