I have been trying to find a gas insert to install in my existing masonry fireplace for a while and I'm having no luck. The problem is that my fireplace has an arched opening with a bumped-out feature tile all the way around the opening. So I cannot install the standard "shroud" to cover the space between the insert and the fireplace opening- that would mean I'd have to chisel the beautiful tile off of the front of the fireplace. I need a surround that fits INSIDE the fireplace opening and can be trimmed to fit my arch. The fireplace is 32" wide, 28" tall, and I need as many BTU's as possible. Does anyone know of a company that makes trimmable surrounds for their gas inserts?
I'd also like to be able to get an arched front (or doors) for this insert- I think a square shape will look funny sitting inside the arched shape.
Thanks for any help!
try contacting lafayette masonry supply, they have a sister store that deala in fire places and acessories, i am not sure of the new number to the sister store, but you may call lafayette masonry and anyone that answers will be glad to give you the number, just ask for the number to "a fires place"... when you call A fires place ask for Kim, she is one of the owners, and will be glad to help you out... they would ship anything you need to where ever you need it..... the number to lafayette masonry supply is (765)742-0146.... sorry i dont have the number directly to a fires place, but i have sent you in the right direction
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes