hoping someone can give some advice on a duct run that I have. It is about an 8" or so flexible duct that comes off of my plenum (?) and it has to make a fairly long run (about 30+') to the back part of my house to the family room. It makes it's way upstairs to the attic then comes down to the family room ceiling. Due to the space limitations, I cannot run a bigger diamater. Immediately after it comes out of the plenum it goes up over & rests on a rafter that kind of constrict/compresses the duct some as it makes it's way to the family room. It also has a few (roughly) 90 degree bends. I am thinking of trying to reroute it so that it does not go over this rafter and try to eliminate some of the bends or at least make them less sharp. My hope is that I can get more pressure blowing out of this duct. It blows a lot less pressure than the rest of the ducts.
Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight