hoping someone can give some advice on a duct run that I have. It is about an 8" or so flexible duct that comes off of my plenum (?) and it has to make a fairly long run (about 30+') to the back part of my house to the family room. It makes it's way upstairs to the attic then comes down to the family room ceiling. Due to the space limitations, I cannot run a bigger diamater. Immediately after it comes out of the plenum it goes up over & rests on a rafter that kind of constrict/compresses the duct some as it makes it's way to the family room. It also has a few (roughly) 90 degree bends. I am thinking of trying to reroute it so that it does not go over this rafter and try to eliminate some of the bends or at least make them less sharp. My hope is that I can get more pressure blowing out of this duct. It blows a lot less pressure than the rest of the ducts.
Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!