That said, let us look into the most probable causes.
1. Wherever your appliances are plugged into, it is also on the same line as the lights. This could cause the dimming and power surges. Electricity will follow the path of least resistance, which is always the largest power consumer in the circuit.
2. The main line that feeds your house is undersized for your total power requirements. You mentioned the inside box but not the outside box. Is the wire coming from the electric company and feeding your panel boxes large enough to support your requirements?
These are the two items to address before you go any further. Begin with #2.............
That said, you seem to be implying that this problem has only surfaced recently. Is that accurate? Has anything, electrically speaking, changed in the same timeframe, like new appliances, circuits (besides the one new breaker), or other electrical work? How old is your home? Wiring? Is your service (main) line above ground or below? Has the electrical company been doing work in your area, like adding service for a new development? Do you know if you have a third (ground) wire as part of your home‚Äôs wiring? Has there been any plumbing work done on your home recently?
I‚Äôm not disagreeing with the other responses you have received, but there are other possibilities that may require a look at the wiring in your home.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 10 Secret Rooms & Passages in Ordinary Homes
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers