I plugged in a vacuum cleaner and the outlet inside the house blew. I checked the breaker box and no breakers had been tripped. I then replaced a breaker that appeared to possibly be cracked. I tested the voltage of all the breakers in the box and all read 220 volts. I then tested the outlet inside the house, because all outlets and light routed to that breaker still not working. The voltage to the outlet is so low it doesn't even read on the meter. I replaced the outlet that originally made the power stop and it has not helped. I still have no power to that outlet or any other on that line. What should I check next? Should I replace all the other outlets and light switch on the line?
Hi cmgentry, one possibility that comes to mind (happened to me once), locate any GFCI outlets in your house to see if they need to be reset. If this outlet is on the same circuit and downstream of the GFCI then that would explain everything. Like I said, it happened to me once and I went around replacing the breaker and outlets till a friend figured it out. Good luck!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes