I have a microwave stand with one drawer and one door (two shelves inside). It was a handmade item, made from scraps at the loving hand of a deceased uncle. It is well made and only in need of paint or perhaps contact paper for an updated look. But it does need sanding.
I need help choosing an electric sander. Something that can be purchased at a place like Sears, Lowes or Home Depot. Something sturdy but inexpensive that a not so strong female can handle. It probably will not be used again for years. But I would like the option of keeping it for future use.
Can you help me with this? And tips for proper cleaning and storing when I am through are great too. And sandpaper grit size or what it is called. Thank you.
Oh, and the stand has no curved edges. So far as I can see, it is all straight edges.
Lastly, once sanded do I need to do anything else to prepare for paint or contact paper? Besides a good wipe down?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Amazing Homes Made from Shipping Containers
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Quick Tips for Tackling 10 Clutter Hot Spots
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them