I have a microwave stand with one drawer and one door (two shelves inside). It was a handmade item, made from scraps at the loving hand of a deceased uncle. It is well made and only in need of paint or perhaps contact paper for an updated look. But it does need sanding.
I need help choosing an electric sander. Something that can be purchased at a place like Sears, Lowes or Home Depot. Something sturdy but inexpensive that a not so strong female can handle. It probably will not be used again for years. But I would like the option of keeping it for future use.
Can you help me with this? And tips for proper cleaning and storing when I am through are great too. And sandpaper grit size or what it is called. Thank you.
Oh, and the stand has no curved edges. So far as I can see, it is all straight edges.
Lastly, once sanded do I need to do anything else to prepare for paint or contact paper? Besides a good wipe down?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!