I have a microwave stand with one drawer and one door (two shelves inside). It was a handmade item, made from scraps at the loving hand of a deceased uncle. It is well made and only in need of paint or perhaps contact paper for an updated look. But it does need sanding.
I need help choosing an electric sander. Something that can be purchased at a place like Sears, Lowes or Home Depot. Something sturdy but inexpensive that a not so strong female can handle. It probably will not be used again for years. But I would like the option of keeping it for future use.
Can you help me with this? And tips for proper cleaning and storing when I am through are great too. And sandpaper grit size or what it is called. Thank you.
Oh, and the stand has no curved edges. So far as I can see, it is all straight edges.
Lastly, once sanded do I need to do anything else to prepare for paint or contact paper? Besides a good wipe down?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 11 Ways to Dress Up Your Dresser
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Facade Facelift: Simple, Affordable Ways to Make a Better First Impression
- Reconsider Aboveground Pools: 10 Reasons Why
- 5 New Uses for Old Wooden Crates
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Make Your Own Bookcase: 10 DIY Designs