I have a microwave stand with one drawer and one door (two shelves inside). It was a handmade item, made from scraps at the loving hand of a deceased uncle. It is well made and only in need of paint or perhaps contact paper for an updated look. But it does need sanding.
I need help choosing an electric sander. Something that can be purchased at a place like Sears, Lowes or Home Depot. Something sturdy but inexpensive that a not so strong female can handle. It probably will not be used again for years. But I would like the option of keeping it for future use.
Can you help me with this? And tips for proper cleaning and storing when I am through are great too. And sandpaper grit size or what it is called. Thank you.
Oh, and the stand has no curved edges. So far as I can see, it is all straight edges.
Lastly, once sanded do I need to do anything else to prepare for paint or contact paper? Besides a good wipe down?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- DIY Plumbing Pipe Vase
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps