help. temporary wiring or trouble?
Recently, we had our electrical service upgraded from 100 amp to 200 amp. The upgrade is completed, but not hooked up yet. We have "temporary wiring" until BG&E hooks it up. There is a problem with the hook-up because of an existing wire which runs right above our deck and is within reaching distance (this is not new and not part of the upgrade). BG&E will not hook up the service until our neighbor moves that wire. They're working on it, but it may take some time during which we continue to use the temporary wiring. Now the problem - since being upgraded (but not hooked up), the lights have been dimming at times (which they never did before EXCEPT when the AC came on). I'm concerned, but my husband believes it is just because we have temporary wiring and nothing to worry about. Should I worry? Should I get the electrician back out or wait until the service is actually connected to real wiring?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes