... sheathed electrical cable? I need to run a circuit from my box in the basement to my attic on the third floor. I'll be running it on the outside of my house and would rather not use conduit.
sheathed electrical cable is the trade term for "Nonmetallic Sheathed Cable" and cannot be used to satisfy the subject of the question here.
ARTICLE 340 Underground Feeder and Branch-Circuit Cable: Type UF
This article covers the use, installation, and construction specifications for underground feeder and branch-circuit cable, Type UF.
Underground Feeder and Branch-Circuit Cable, Type UF. A listed factory assembly of one or more insulated conductors with an integral or an overall covering of nonmetallic material suitable for direct burial in the earth.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- 15 Fast Fixes for Your Home Facade
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers