... sheathed electrical cable? I need to run a circuit from my box in the basement to my attic on the third floor. I'll be running it on the outside of my house and would rather not use conduit.
sheathed electrical cable is the trade term for "Nonmetallic Sheathed Cable" and cannot be used to satisfy the subject of the question here.
ARTICLE 340 Underground Feeder and Branch-Circuit Cable: Type UF
This article covers the use, installation, and construction specifications for underground feeder and branch-circuit cable, Type UF.
Underground Feeder and Branch-Circuit Cable, Type UF. A listed factory assembly of one or more insulated conductors with an integral or an overall covering of nonmetallic material suitable for direct burial in the earth.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING