... sheathed electrical cable? I need to run a circuit from my box in the basement to my attic on the third floor. I'll be running it on the outside of my house and would rather not use conduit.
sheathed electrical cable is the trade term for "Nonmetallic Sheathed Cable" and cannot be used to satisfy the subject of the question here.
ARTICLE 340 Underground Feeder and Branch-Circuit Cable: Type UF
This article covers the use, installation, and construction specifications for underground feeder and branch-circuit cable, Type UF.
Underground Feeder and Branch-Circuit Cable, Type UF. A listed factory assembly of one or more insulated conductors with an integral or an overall covering of nonmetallic material suitable for direct burial in the earth.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects