Friend wants to finish a room that has 30'wall that butts up against a neighbor's fence. We're talking 3/4" plywood that has no paint and no siding. Can't get to the ext. wall without taking the fence down. Can I spray on anything that will seal this plywood good enough without rotting it out??? Any ideas???
Hi Soaked, first this definitely sounds like a code violation (being so close to property line). Second, how did your friend get the wall up without taking down the fence? Third, I'd be expecting a nasty visit from the local building inspector, they will eventually notice this or the neighbor with the fence will call them. So expect to be doing major changes, which will then allow the room needed. Anyway, post back up with more info (this sounds VERY unusual and will be interesting to here).
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight