We are installing a garbage disposal and the switch is going to be installed beside the GFCI receptacle above the sink. Do we need to install the disposal circuit on a gfci breaker, or is just having the switch grounded enough protection? Or, easier yet, can we get power from the load side of the GFCI for the disposal, or will a motor load effect the GFCI and cause it to trip? Thanks, Scott
Even though they are called "small appliance branch circuits" , they can only feed the receptacles above your counters, wall receptacles in the kitchen, dining room, pantry & a few other places. Funny as it sounds, your garbage disposal, which is an appliance, cannot be connected to these circuits.
As long as the disposal is grounded, it does not need gfci protection.
garbage disposal noise
rewiring old kitchen
GFCI for Garbage Disposal?
Electrical Connections for my new dishwasher and new...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes