Mystery Light Switches
If someone swiched some of the receptacles it is possible they didn't remove the tab between the brass screws and now they are not switched anymore.
Ceiling fan locations are wired for fan and lights....even tho only the fan is installed.....or even a blank cover at the ceiling location......
How about switched exterior outlets for the santa lites?
The only way to figure it out for sure is to simply test every single outlet, interior and exterior, (not just one plug in an outlet pair, but every single plug in your home), and create a map of what switch is connected to what box.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING