One of the topics here was about splicing phone lines and using the 3M type. I bought these (the red ones) but can not for the life of me figure out how to make the splice.
Also, they recommend a specifis tool to use which costs an arm and a leg which I refuse to buy.
So, if you can explain the way to do this it would be greatly appreciated.
Hope you can spare an arm and a leg...
Those scotchloks are designed to work with a special plier...but in a bind you use an ordinary line plier or I even used a needle nose plier, not as fast but when push the wire all the way up to the top in the lock. Take the plier and crimp it a little at a time on each side and keep squeeze it till it is flush with the rest on the lock..
If you have thicker wire like 19 gauge or if you try to crimp on side flat it will pop out and ruin the lock..
Hope this helps..
old Jenn Air Induction cooktop module
discounted armstrong vinyl tile
Owens Corning Basement Finishing for Mobile Home Ren...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 5 Things to Do With...Old Rakes
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 8 Great DIY Ways to Use Cinder Blocks
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Perfect Projects
- 8 Countertops You'd Never Believe Were Handmade
- 9 Handy Uses for Your Cordless Drill/Driver
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Design Inspirations for Your Small Bedroom
- Deck the Doors: 10 Wreaths for Autumn Decorating
- 7 Tools to Wage War Against Leaves
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY