I have recently removed a significant amount of wall paper. In places, the white paper on the dry wall seems to have delaminated from the brown paper, I have quite a mess. Some time ago, I saw an episode of "Home Again" where a mesh was applied to the wall, in this case for cracks, in my case for imperfections. Does anyone remember the product? If you have had experience with it, do you think it would work with my situation? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
I recently had to repair a couple of holes in our basement wall. I went to the local Ace hardware store and found a "wall repair patch" which is a thin self-adhesive aluminum mesh. It requires mudding over with joint compound but does do a good job of repairing holes. Hope this helps!
I also just made some repairs including some settling cracks, some very deep. I used the self-stick plastic joint mesh tape (yellow mesh) and it worked great. I had air coming thru some cracks. I just layed in a coat of joint compound (let it dry), then the mesh, then another coat of joint compound, sanded and it turned out well. Good luck.
Slab leak in a townhouse
Plaster Repairs, following with Painting/Wallpapering
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!