I have recently removed a significant amount of wall paper. In places, the white paper on the dry wall seems to have delaminated from the brown paper, I have quite a mess. Some time ago, I saw an episode of "Home Again" where a mesh was applied to the wall, in this case for cracks, in my case for imperfections. Does anyone remember the product? If you have had experience with it, do you think it would work with my situation? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
I recently had to repair a couple of holes in our basement wall. I went to the local Ace hardware store and found a "wall repair patch" which is a thin self-adhesive aluminum mesh. It requires mudding over with joint compound but does do a good job of repairing holes. Hope this helps!
I also just made some repairs including some settling cracks, some very deep. I used the self-stick plastic joint mesh tape (yellow mesh) and it worked great. I had air coming thru some cracks. I just layed in a coat of joint compound (let it dry), then the mesh, then another coat of joint compound, sanded and it turned out well. Good luck.
Slab leak in a townhouse
Drywall Repair of Wall Corners and Door Arch
Plaster Repairs, following with Painting/Wallpapering
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight