I have recently removed a significant amount of wall paper. In places, the white paper on the dry wall seems to have delaminated from the brown paper, I have quite a mess. Some time ago, I saw an episode of "Home Again" where a mesh was applied to the wall, in this case for cracks, in my case for imperfections. Does anyone remember the product? If you have had experience with it, do you think it would work with my situation? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
I recently had to repair a couple of holes in our basement wall. I went to the local Ace hardware store and found a "wall repair patch" which is a thin self-adhesive aluminum mesh. It requires mudding over with joint compound but does do a good job of repairing holes. Hope this helps!
I also just made some repairs including some settling cracks, some very deep. I used the self-stick plastic joint mesh tape (yellow mesh) and it worked great. I had air coming thru some cracks. I just layed in a coat of joint compound (let it dry), then the mesh, then another coat of joint compound, sanded and it turned out well. Good luck.
Slab leak in a townhouse
Plaster Repairs, following with Painting/Wallpapering
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes