Need help covering paneling!!
I have an idea to use drywall compound and or texture paint to cover the top 5 feet of my darkly panelled basement. I also have an idea to use a light natural colored wainscott from the floor up to about 3 feet held in place by liquid nails....does this make any sense? Could I do this and will it work? I really need some helpful ideas before I make a mess......thanks!
The only problem you may have with the joint compound is if the paneling is real wood. The darkness of the wood fibers may bleed through causing dark spots. This is curable with the primer Kilz.
The liquid nails should hold if the paneling is free from any oil residue. You may want to tack some finishing nails here and there just to hold it in place if there are problems after you install the first one.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING