Need help covering paneling!!
I have an idea to use drywall compound and or texture paint to cover the top 5 feet of my darkly panelled basement. I also have an idea to use a light natural colored wainscott from the floor up to about 3 feet held in place by liquid nails....does this make any sense? Could I do this and will it work? I really need some helpful ideas before I make a mess......thanks!
The only problem you may have with the joint compound is if the paneling is real wood. The darkness of the wood fibers may bleed through causing dark spots. This is curable with the primer Kilz.
The liquid nails should hold if the paneling is free from any oil residue. You may want to tack some finishing nails here and there just to hold it in place if there are problems after you install the first one.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!