Need help covering paneling!!
I have an idea to use drywall compound and or texture paint to cover the top 5 feet of my darkly panelled basement. I also have an idea to use a light natural colored wainscott from the floor up to about 3 feet held in place by liquid nails....does this make any sense? Could I do this and will it work? I really need some helpful ideas before I make a mess......thanks!
The only problem you may have with the joint compound is if the paneling is real wood. The darkness of the wood fibers may bleed through causing dark spots. This is curable with the primer Kilz.
The liquid nails should hold if the paneling is free from any oil residue. You may want to tack some finishing nails here and there just to hold it in place if there are problems after you install the first one.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 11 Cool DIY Sheds with Designs You Can Steal
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers