Need help covering paneling!!
I have an idea to use drywall compound and or texture paint to cover the top 5 feet of my darkly panelled basement. I also have an idea to use a light natural colored wainscott from the floor up to about 3 feet held in place by liquid nails....does this make any sense? Could I do this and will it work? I really need some helpful ideas before I make a mess......thanks!
The only problem you may have with the joint compound is if the paneling is real wood. The darkness of the wood fibers may bleed through causing dark spots. This is curable with the primer Kilz.
The liquid nails should hold if the paneling is free from any oil residue. You may want to tack some finishing nails here and there just to hold it in place if there are problems after you install the first one.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects