Exterior Paint on New Stucco
Second, the preparations and application will be more imporatnt than the actual paint they use. In dusty Tucson, if they don't clean the surface before applying the new coat, then any paint will fall off. If they don't cut the edges cleanly, then any paint will look messy. If they glop on the paint quickly instead of carefully smooth it on uniformly, then any paint will look clumpy. You are not just paying for a product, but also a service, and the service can determine the quality of the end result more than the product.
Moreover, you can instruct a good painter using cheap paint to change his product and still get a good job. You can't get a bad painter with a good paint to improve his lousy painting. Check out their references and take a drive to look at other houses they have done to get the best measure of which one you want to select. Look at the cleanliness of the corners, the transitions, and the trim, as well as the uniformity of the application. That is the best way to shop.
If you get the premium line of paint from any of thoes companies it will do fine, but to be sure it is the right product for your house just call the technical line ask them.
Painters use different brands for diffeent reasons and it could be the service they get or they like how the paint works or they feel that it holds up better than other brands.
Good luck on your paint job.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!