I have some custom doors that were hung in my place and the finish is very bumpy instead of smooth. The finish is white latex gloss paint. How can I go about correcting this problem?
Sanding it is the easiest way to do it. Adding more paint will only add to the bumps and "valleys" fairly equally, not level it out much. You also don't want so much paint caked on the door so that it fills in the "valleys" between the bumps.
Im not sure if you redid these yet,but I would lightly sand them,not completely down,most likely the person who painted them before never sanded between coats or tacked clothed it so if you light sand it will prolly bring down the bumps (high spots) feel it with your hand if it feels smooth repaint,if still feels bumpy sand some more till it is smooth.
REPAINTING BATHROOM WALL
How do you remove paint and old adhesive from drywall?
Painting "bumpy" ceiling.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- DIY Plumbing Pipe Vase
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps