I have some custom doors that were hung in my place and the finish is very bumpy instead of smooth. The finish is white latex gloss paint. How can I go about correcting this problem?
Sanding it is the easiest way to do it. Adding more paint will only add to the bumps and "valleys" fairly equally, not level it out much. You also don't want so much paint caked on the door so that it fills in the "valleys" between the bumps.
Im not sure if you redid these yet,but I would lightly sand them,not completely down,most likely the person who painted them before never sanded between coats or tacked clothed it so if you light sand it will prolly bring down the bumps (high spots) feel it with your hand if it feels smooth repaint,if still feels bumpy sand some more till it is smooth.
REPAINTING BATHROOM WALL
How do you remove paint and old adhesive from drywall?
Painting "bumpy" ceiling.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 “Stone Sober” Household Uses for Liquor
- 10 Fun Planters to Make with Everyday Objects
- 15 Spring Home Maintenance Musts
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Wow-Worthy Window Films: 11 Top Picks
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Air Quality
- 10 Ingenious Home Uses for Baking Soda