is there any rule of thumb for choosing the right color stain for our trim to go with the wall color we chose?
just purchased a nice victorian home built in 1900.
thanks for any help
You could also buy a CD called Color@Home II from Glidden. They are available at The Home Depot for $5.97.
It will you allow to import a digital picture of your house and color it!
Great product - check it out!
Bring paint into hirshfields and a sample board so you can get the color of your stain to match.Don't just pick a color from a color chart 80% of the time it isn't right and you'll prolly hate the color choice.This way you see what you are getting and can change the tint if needed.Never pick a pre-mixed color unless you know for sure it is what you want.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING