We have an eighties house with yellow/gold colored tile in one bathroom and light blue tile in the other. Neither of these tile colors works for us and we'd like to paint the tile in both bathrooms white so that we can use any color in them.
Can we successfully paint bathroom tile and, if so, what type of paint works well?
Thanks very much for the tip on Tile Doc! I immediately found a website for it and e-mailed asking if it would meet my needs.
Was curious to hear how the tile painting turned out. I'm experienced using etching cream, so this seems like a great alternative to re-tiling the entire bathroom. Also, the apartment I rent painted the bathrom tile during a recent remodeling (at least a year ago), and it seems to have held up beautifully. how did it work for you? I see so many conflicting articles about it being a good idea and a horrendous idea.
Painting ceramic tiles in the bathroom.
How to remove Paint on Grout?
Cermaic tile in bathroom, what to do about sink and ...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love