We have an eighties house with yellow/gold colored tile in one bathroom and light blue tile in the other. Neither of these tile colors works for us and we'd like to paint the tile in both bathrooms white so that we can use any color in them.
Can we successfully paint bathroom tile and, if so, what type of paint works well?
Thanks very much for the tip on Tile Doc! I immediately found a website for it and e-mailed asking if it would meet my needs.
Was curious to hear how the tile painting turned out. I'm experienced using etching cream, so this seems like a great alternative to re-tiling the entire bathroom. Also, the apartment I rent painted the bathrom tile during a recent remodeling (at least a year ago), and it seems to have held up beautifully. how did it work for you? I see so many conflicting articles about it being a good idea and a horrendous idea.
Painting ceramic tiles in the bathroom.
How to remove Paint on Grout?
Cermaic tile in bathroom, what to do about sink and ...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!